We recently completed the first “Write That Book – Finally!” teleclass. It was a great series with a wonderful group of aspiring authors who are really getting things done! I am so proud of them!
Nysha Dahlgren was one of the many attendees who stepped up and got stuck in. She also stepped up when I asked the group for testimonials. I needed some that I could use for promoting the new homestudy version of the teleclass at the Integrative Medicine for Mental Health conference I departed for the day after the teleclass ended.
I am thrilled to share her testimonial here and discuss some pointers on how to use them:
- Include the person’s real name and picture to make it more valuable
- Highlight sections to make relevant points stand out for people who like to skim-read
- Take a sentence or parts of a sentence and use this as a heading
- Share the person’s signature: qualifications, business, website and/or book, if applicable
You can see all of the above in the testimonial Nysha provided:
The calls provide juicy knowledge, while the private Facebook page creates accountability
“Write Your Book, Grow Your Biz”, has been the jumpstart I finally needed to get moving on my own book about a lifelong healing journey from Crohn’s Disease.
Trudy creates a warm and hospitable environment that makes the potential author feel safe to open up and share what has been locked in their brain for so long!
The calls provide juicy knowledge, while the private Facebook page creates accountability--she really does call on you to step forward and be present. I would recommend this for just starting out health writers (like me) or seasoned pros who just want some tips and tricks to navigate through the book research/ writing/ submission process.
The personal connection Trudy makes with each student is beyond comparison from any other book writing class I have experienced. The way she cares is truly authentic!”
Nysha Dahlgren, Integrative Health Coach, Certified Eating Psychology Coach, 2nd Year Holistic Nutrition Student, Author of the Book In Progress “The Crohn’s Connection”, www.ardenwoodsedibles.com
This blog post is a great example of a win-win-win:
- You, the reader, get to learn about testimonials and see an example of a great one
- Nysha gets exposure for her upcoming book and current nutrition business – here and in the homestudy version that was on display at the conference
- I get to share what someone thinks of my “Write Your Book –Finally!” teleclass
Don’t be afraid to ask for testimonials for your programs, books, services and workshops. Share them on your blog, website, sales pages and in social media! Also, reciprocate and give testimonials when you value what someone else provides!