A great way to get exposure and get known, connect with people and showcase your book, expertise and services is to exhibit at conferences and events.
Here are some tips for having a great looking and popular booth:
- Set it up at home before you go to make sure everything will fit
- Make it appealing and colorful: get a fruit display and/or flowers and use a bright table-cloth
- Have bold signage. I suggest getting your book cover made into a large poster that you can either stand on a tripod on the table or hang behind the booth. My book cover sign The Antianxiety Food Solution is big and bold and visible! It’s also great as a backdrop for photos with fans.
- If you’re short on space go “up”. Empty boxes with colorful cloths draped over them work well. It also makes the display materials more appealing
- Have samples or give-away goodies. I give away herbal tea-bags and offer roasted pumpkin seed snacks. I also do zinc status testing. It’s so popular that my booth visitors send all their friends to visit my booth!
- Find co-sponsors and share their products to provide an interesting and useful booth experience. At the IMMH conference I had Organic India donate herbal tea bags, Designs for Health donate zinc challenge, Mira Dessy’s The Pantry Principle book for sale and Hawthorn University fliers on display. And be sure to thank them afterwards with a blog post and thank you note.
- Get ideas from other booths. I walk around and take pictures of other booths at every event I attend and make improvements each time I exhibit
If you are speaking at a conference, I suggest you also get a booth. This gives you an opportunity to sell your book and products and go deeper with conference attendees. It is also a wonderful opportunity to make one-on-one connections with attendees and to partner with sponsors. I did this when I presented at the NTA conference earlier this year.
Of course, a great way to promote your presentation and booth is to blog about it. This is a great example of a blog post I did to promote the 2013 NTA Conference on Inflammation.
Let me help you be a great exhibitor! Join me in my upcoming “Speak NOW!” training. We’ll be discussing exhibiting in great depth. We will also go into speaking, teleseminars, telesummits, and poster presentations. Listen to the preview call and register for the training here